This page will guide you through getting help with Recordable.
Issues Installing Recordable
Please first check the Install page and watch the installation video for your type of computer.
If after running the installer here are some things to check:
- Check that your USB cable is correctly plugged into both your device and your computer.
- Try disconnecting and replugging the device.
- Is the USB symbol visible on your device? If you can't find this on the status bar at the top of the screen or in the pull down notification area then you may need to replace your USB cable.
- Have you downloaded and run the Recordable app on your Android device?
- Has USB debugging been enabled as directed by the app?
- Is there a dialog box asking "Allow USB debugging?" displayed on your Android device? If so, please tap on OK.
If you are using Windows please check information on Android Device not found problems.
Issues Using Recordable
Please start by check you running the most up-to-date version of the app. To do this enter the link recordable.mobi/app into the web browser on your Android device. This will take you to the Recordable Play Store listing. If the "update" option is available please select this to get the latest version.
If you are using the latest version and are still having issues try the following:
- Read over this page to see if your issue is described below. We will update this page with any common problems.
- Check our forums to see if there is any information about your problem there. We keep the forum up-to-date with helpful advice, suggestions and information about new versions of the software. This can often be the fastest way for you to get help.
- Please also consider posting a message to the forum about your issue. We monitor new questions on the forum and will reply as soon as possible.
If you have a suggestion, feature request or general feedback about your experience using Recordable please post a message to the forum.
At present it is not possible to use Google speech-to-text (or any other app with uses the microphone) while recording with Recordable.
Some Windows users encounter a "No Android Device Found" error. This is usually caused by one to two problems: Windows not finding driver software or Windows using the incorrect driver. To correct this:
- Connect your Android device with your USB cable
- Wait for Windows to finish installing the device
- Open the Windows device manager. On some Windows versions you can do this by opening the Windows menu, selecting Run and then typing devmgmt.msc.
- Check if your have a section Android Device and if you do open it up. If you find an entry for your device like in the picture below skip to Android devices.
- Check if your device is listed under Other devices. If you find an entry for you device like in the picture below skip to Other devices.
If your device is not listed under either Android Device or Other devices then follow the instructions at the top of the Recordable Support page.
Right click on the entry for your Android device and select Update Driver Software.
Click on Browse my computer for driver software.
Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers from my computer.
Select Android Device or Android USB devices and click Next.
Click Yes if you get an Update Driver Warning message.
Select any of options offered and click Next.
Your device should now appear in the device manager under Android Device. Right click the device and select Properties.
The Driver tab should something like the following. If it shows "Unknown" or "Not available" for the driver information follow the steps below.
Right click on the entry for your Android device and select Properties. If the Driver tab looks like the image below and shows "Unknown" or "Not available" for the driver information then you need to update the driver.
To correct this problem, click Update Driver , select Install from a list or specific location and then click Next.
Select Don't search. I will choose the driver to install and click Next .
The choices offered in the next stage depend on what model of Android device you have. In the example below, Windows is currently using a driver called "Samsung Android Interface" which is no working. Selecting the second entry (in this case "USB Composite Device") and clicking Next will usually correct the problem.
If this corrects the problem Windows should detect new devices and the Recordable installer should be able to find your Android device. If you still have problem, return to the Device Manager and check if the Driver tab has updated the driver information with version numbers.