If you do not have root on your Android device you will need to run the Recordable Installer on your Windows, Mac and Linux computer. This completes the installation and allows you to run the app on your Android device. You need to installed the Recordable app from Google Play first, before running the installer.
The following video demonstrates installing the software using a Windows PC:
- Click on one of the links below and save the installer to your desktop (if you have trouble with one link please try the other)
- Once the installer had downloaded run the program and follow the instructions provided
- To use the installer you need Java installed on your system. If you are running a version of Mac OS prior to 10.7 you should already have Java. If you are running 10.7.3 or newer please follow these instructions.
- Click on the link below and save the installer to your desktop
- Once this has finished downloading hold down CTRL- (or right click) and right click on the installer and select Open
- A warning message about the package being from an unknown developer may appear. Click Open to confirm that you wish to use the installer.
- Follow the instructions provided
The exact installation instructions may vary slightly between different versions of Linux, but the following should work with most.
- Ensure Java is installed on your system. For Ubuntu use this this link, otherwise follow these installation instructions or consult the documentation for your Linux distribution. The recommended version is OpenJDK version 6 however any version 6 or 7 implementation should work.
- Right click the installer below
- Select "Save link as ..." and save the RecordableSetup.jar file on your desktop.
- Once this has finished downloading open your file browser, navigate to your Desktop and right click on RecordableSetup.jar
- Select Properties and in Permissions turn on execute permissions and then close the Properties window
- Right click on RecordableSetup.jar again and select the option to open with Java
On some 64-bit systems you will need install some 32-bit libraries. For Debian/Ubuntu/Mint:
sudo apt-get install lib32ncurses5 lib32stdc++6
On Redhat/Fedora use:
sudo yum install ncurses-libs.i686 libstdc++.i686 libgcc.i686
If you experience a "Permissions problem detected" error you can tun the installer from a terminal window using the following commands:
cd Desktop sudo java -jar RecordableSetup.jar